School owned iPads will automatically connect to the school's wifi network when they are located at school.
When the shared iPad is outside the school's premises, students and parents should know how to connect a shared iPad to their home Wi-Fi network as a student may not be able to log into a shared iPad until the device is connected to Wi-Fi.
Connecting to a new Wi-Fi from a shared iPad takes just a few steps, even from the iPad's lock screen:
- Wake the iPad from sleep.
- Double-click the iPad's Home Button to show the 'Choose a Wi-Fi Network' menu.
- Choose your desired Wi-Fi network from the list.
- Input your Wi-Fi network's password and tap Join.
- Once connected, a student should be able to tap on their name and log in without issue.
Quick tip: If you accidentally triple-click on the Home Button instead of double-click in step two, you may enable an accessibility feature called Voiceover. You can triple-click the Home Button a second time to disable this again.